Monday, September 04, 2006

and no snakes!

8/28-29/2006


so my journey has gotten off to a good start so far. i got my luggage checked and went through security with only about 45 minutes to spare which was nice because i didn't have a lot of waiting to do. i had been planning on getting some stuff done before boarding the plane but at least i had time to get a bottle of water and a sandwich. i've never traveled with this many bags but so far it hasn't been much of a hassle. i was kind of worried that they wouldn't let me take both my laptop and suit bag on the plane but no one even commented on it.


i was also extremely lucky on two other accounts. the first was that my seat ended up being broken so that it wouldn't recline and the second was that the weather in chicago was horrible. why would this make me lucky you might ask? well i wasn't lucky enough to snag a business class seat and the coach seats are tiny and even though i was in a row with only two seats there was a guy sitting next to me and hardly any room to move. the fact that my seat was broken meant that the flight attendant volunteered to look for another seat for me, and (so she explained) the bad weather meant that a bunch of the connecting flights were delayed and there were a bunch of extra seats on the plane. long story short, she moved me to a window seat further up the plane to a row where i was the only person and had room to stretch out. not so bad!


now i'm sitting on the plane watching "the inside man" and typing on my laptop until i get tired enough fall asleep or the battery dies. even though i have to go straight to work when i arrive i've accepted the fact that i'll be tired as hell and it couldn't possible be that bad could it? anyway it looks like i'll just be copying files from the hard drive and dvds that i'm bringing along and all i have to do after work is meet the leasing agent to pick up my keys. i'm excited about the whole thing so no matter what i go through i don't think it will be that bad. how can i complain when i'm being sent to london for two months?

No comments: